Book Publicity Intern
Smith Publicity, Inc. works with experts, authors and publishers worldwide to help create awareness about their work to spark book sales and attract opportunities including new business, speaking engagements, writing assignments and develop author/expert brands. Since 1997, Smith Publicity has promoted every genre of book, from New York Times bestsellers to first time, debut authors. Smith Publicity clients have appeared on/have been featured in thousands of local, national and international media outlets worldwide including Good Morning America, TODAY Show, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, AARP Magazine, Parade Magazine, Esquire, TIME, Newsweek, NPR, CNN, CNBC, Huffington Post, BBC, The Guardian and Financial Times.
We are passionate about making good things happen for our authors. We are looking for interns who want to learn by doing, are self-starters, detail oriented, and possess a sense of urgency and solid writing skills. Sense of humor and understanding how to be a team player is essential.
Through hands-on experience with client projects, you will learn a variety of skills, such as drafting press materials, building media lists, brainstorming and researching ideas, pitching media, and booking media opportunities. Position responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of press materials
- Developing media lists (will train on Cision/Vocus media database), writing pitch letters and conducting media outreach
- Assisting in the creation and deployment of social media activity
- Monitoring media coverage and trends
- Researching current news trends related to targeted client
- Creating and maintaining coverage reports
- Providing additional account related support as necessary
Position available in Cherry Hill, NJ. Working arrangements can be flexible. Dates flexible based on school schedule. Position comes with the potential for school credit and/or stipend.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com.