Authors and publishers are welcome to visit Smith Publicity at BookExpo America 2013–held in the Javits Center in NYC, May 30 to June 1–to meet us and ask any questions about book publicity and promotion. It’s our 11th year exhibiting and wonderful time where we see old friends and meet new people! Info to attend BookExpo America.
Tips for BookExpo America 2013 for the new attendee:
- Wear comfortable shoes. I can’t stress that enough. The show room floor is huge (and hard).
- Many booths have stacks of free Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) or Galleys. Usually it’s ok to take one, but it’s always polite to ask first.
- Last time I checked, BEA did not allow rolling luggage without a doctor’s note. Be selective about the goodies you’ll have to carry all day.
- Check out the author show guide so you don’t miss your favorite author event or free book signing. BEA Show Guide
- Learn from the brilliant Fauzia Burke, founder and president of FSB Associates, online author branding expert at her session Content Marketing–Building & Implementing Your New Strategy, Thursday at 1:30
- Ladies room lines are long. Great time to network! I have met many interesting people in line.
- Food lines are long and seating options limited (reminds me of a game of musical chairs). Great crepe stations can be found in back corners.
- If you are taking shuttles back to and from your hotel, look carefully at the bus shuttle numbers to make sure you are on the right one. Some mornings, the bus wait at the hotel was over 30 minutes. Be prepared to team up with others to share a cab.
- It’s always chilly at Javits. For ladies with sleeveless tops, a light sweater always welcomed!
- Enjoy! There’s great people watching, excited book fans, new authors wearing book themed-costumes, and hopefully you’ll meet some of you favorite authors and connect and learn from industry experts.
Smith Publicity is also speaking and exhibiting at uPublishU at BookExpo America 2013, an event just for self-published authors, on Saturday June 1.
If you would like to make an appointment to meet with us (and have a chair waiting for you), email Corinne Liccketto at Corinne@SmithPublicity.com
President of Smith Publicity, Inc.