Powerhouse Publicity Firm Seeks Talented Publicist
Are you the right match?
The Smith Publicity team is growing and we are recruiting new talent. We're on the hunt for an experienced, talented publicist to join our team. If you fit the bill and want to join one of the premier book marketing firms in the world, read on.
Summary: We make good things happen for authors, and we'll need you to read client books, craft and execute outstanding pitches to media, and secure coverage in the form of interviews, articles, book reviews, feature stories, etc. Your singular goal will be to create as much media interest as possible to support client goals which may include book sales, enhancing author brand, or using their book and media coverage as marketing tools.
To be a Smith Publicity publicist you must ...
- Be a book lover!
- Be a news junkie who follows breaking and ongoing news; listens to or reads diverse array of media
- Write outstanding press releases and pitches that media cannot resist
- Be able to research and develop media lists using media database and our proprietary contacts
- Be skilled at developing creative ways using information from the author, current news stories, statistics, editorial calendars, awareness months, etc. to earn quality media coverage
- Personally pitch media by telephone and email
- Perform efficient follow up activities
- Handle all media relations, scheduling, etc.
- Show creativity and have the ability to present ideas effectively to clients and management
- Have excellent communication skills to confidently and effectively work with media, clients, and internal team.
- Demonstrate persuasive, clear, and direct writing and telephone skills
- Be super-organized, detailed oriented and able to multitask
- Work independently
- Meet strict deadlines and have the ability to work in a time-sensitive manner with a sense of urgency
- Be comfortable with Vocus/Cision international media database
- Compose and present thorough written weekly updates for clients
- Hold ongoing telephone calls/meetings with clients and internal team.
Since we don't limit our potential talent pool by geography, you can work remotely.
Required: BA/BS in public relations, marketing, communication, English, business, publishing or related field. Ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years publicity/public relations related experience.
Interested? Email Mike Onorato at firstname.lastname@example.org