We know how to get media interest and attention for you and your book, and we want you prepared for your publicity campaign and ready to maximize media coverage.
Before formal publicity activities begin, we guide you by preparing you, your book and your author brand/platform for media attention. We also strategize with you on ways to maximize your publicity investment by planning in advance on how you will engage with potential readers, clients, people vetting speakers, fans and followers, etc.
Tailored to where you are in publishing path and the support you need, we lead you through lively, personalized, and thoughtful discussions. We start with an overall brand audit and guide you on the specific areas you need. Examples include:
- suggestions and feedback on your website and social media platforms,
- content ideas for blog posts/newsletter articles and book related worksheets/videos,
- book cover and title/subtitle input,
- author photo selection and shaping the author bio,
- tips to create your author central page on Amazon,
- engaging your current network to introduce your book,
- understanding your target audience(s) and how to best connect with them through the media,
- guidance on topics to talk through with your publisher, and talking with your entire team—publisher, agent, social media, marketing, bestseller team, etc.—about questions and direction for your book launch,
- begin collaborating with you on building initial publicity angles and targeted media lists and planning your ideal book publicity timeline, and
- building a plan on how to maximize media placements once they come in.
Working with Smith Publicity ahead of your book launch gives us additional time to get to know you, your goals, your work and your audiences, earn your trust, and map out a book publicity strategy to put you in the best position to attract and benefit from media attention.