One of the leading book marketing and book publicity firms in the publishing industry, Smith Publicity, is offering a one, $1,000 scholarship to one high school or college/university student in the United States. The scholarship will be awarded to the student who submits the best essay on persuasive writing. We chose this topic because it’s an important part of the services we provide for book marketing.
The Spring 2014 winner, Kelci Weidenaar said, “I truly love writing and it meant a lot to me to win this scholarship from an organization like Smith Publicity! It’s opportunities like this that are helping my educational dreams come true!” Kelci will be a freshman at Central Christian College of the Bible in Moberly, MO this fall.
Details on the essay:
- 1,500 word limit
- Points which must be addressed in the essay:
- The most essential elements of persuasive writing
- At least one personal example of how the student persuaded someone through writing
- Comparative analysis of the art of persuasion through written language versus verbally
- Essay must be submitted with cover sheet including student’s address and phone number
- Essays will be evaluated, and the winner chosen, by Smith Publicity senior staff members
- Deadline for submissions: April 30, 2016
- Winner will be announced June 1, 2016
- $1,000 payment will be made, on student’s behalf, directly to the college or university student will be/are attending
- This is a one-time scholarship award
Smith Publicity, Inc.
Attention: Brittney Karpovich
1930 E. Marlton Pike
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003