Our Book Publicity Services Help Authors Sell Books, Build Expert Brands and Create Additional Opportunities
How do we do this?
- Custom, personalized service. We have no cookie-cutter programs. We don't spray press releases out in mass and hope for results. We create a specific set of services designed for each unique book and author and personally pitch media. Our publicists take the time to research media contacts, find out what they've covered and reach out to them in a personalized manner that makes all the difference.
- Experience. Smith Publicity has no rookie or junior publicists. Every member of our team is experienced. Most of our publicists have been with us for over five years, and many for over ten. This is rare in the book publicity industry.
- Team Approach. While we are still a small company, in the book publicity arena we are considered large, and this is a good thing! Our size enables us to put a team on every campaign. We often use two publicists to share and handle a campaign, in addition to a Publicity Team Manager, Director of Publicity and Vice President of Publicity who are all either involved or supervising every campaign.
- Back-Up for Every Campaign. Our size also enables us to have back-up for every publicist. If a point publicist is out for vacation, illness or any reason, our team structure allows for a seamless transition to another publicist or manager already closely involved in the campaign. Even our Director of Publicity and Vice President of Publicity handle campaigns on a regular bases.
- Creativity. Book promotion is a tough business, and it's become more challenging due to the incredible number of books now being published with many, many authors seeking media coverage. We've been successful and grown every year for over twenty years because we are perhaps the most creative agency in the publishing industry. We employ strategies and tactics no there firm does, and our ability to make books and authors stand out from the crowd is well-known with both media and publishers.
Customized Book Publicity Campaigns
Eery week, thousands of new printed books are released including traditional and self-published, as well as e-books, and audiobooks. Competition for media attention is fiercer than ever. So how does a new author stand out and get noticed? How does book marketing for authors of non-fiction books produce tangible results and spark book sales? How does fiction book marketing help develop an author's fan base?
That’s where Smith Publicity shines. Successful book publicity and marketing requires a marriage of traditional outreach with online strategies. As technology and media change, staying ahead of the curve is essential for book promotion. Smith Publicity, and every publicist on our staff, knows what works and employs unique strategies and creative pitching to secure maximum media coverage. Whether you've written a novel, memoir, business, or other non-fiction book, we've done it all.
Check out the video business cards of Dan Smith, Mike Onorato, Corinne Moulder and Sandy Poirier Smith.
Publicity and promotion secured via media coverage includes radio and television interviews, podcast interviews, newspaper and magazine feature stories and articles, and online coverage. Internet media coverage, as well as inclusion in blogs and other sites, is an ideal complement to traditional media because when a book or author is featured online, that coverage virtually never goes away! A novel featured online can help build a substantial audience, just as an article featuring a non-fiction book can be re-purposed and re-published indefinitely. Likewise, broadcast interviews and print stories provide excellent material to populate social media platforms.
Powerful Results Produced by Our Expert Book Publicists
While the fundamental core methodology of non fiction book marketing services and fiction promotion strategies developed by Dan Smith at the company’s inception have remained the same, Smith Publicity has evolved with a fluid and dynamic approach to
book publicity services and book promotion, incorporating online PR services and Internet media outreach in every campaign. We provide producers and editors with exactly the type of material they want and need, and our extensive list of personal contacts developed over the years - combined with a state-of-the-art media database - enables us to effectively pitch and persuade media to take interest in our clients and their books. The “Smith Publicity way”— implemented by experienced book/e-book promoters and book publicists— has resulted in thousands and thousands of interviews and articles with coverage in virtually every major media outlet worldwide. Whether traditionally published book publicity or self published book marketing, our track record of success is unparalleled.
Expert Book Promoters
There is no single way to promote every non-fiction book, children's book, or novel. Each author and book is unique, requiring a customized campaign and services delivered by a seasoned publicist to effectively penetrate key media markets. Smith Publicity crafts each book and e-book publicity campaign to fit the precise needs and goals of the book and author. Our customer service is legendary in the book publicity and book marketing industry – see for yourself on our testimonials page. With weekly updates and phone calls, we treat every author with personalized attention that is rare in our industry. And, unlike some book promotion agencies, we have no "rookies." Every Smith Publicity publicist is a veteran. We enjoy our job and it shows.
Experience a book promotion campaign like no other. Experience the Smith Publicity way!