The self-publishing industry is in a seemingly constant state of change. Staying on top of trends and changes can be challenging. Reading popular publishing and writing related blogs helps authors stay informed.
The following ten blogs offer self-publishing news, industry trends, tips and advice:
- ALLi (Alliance of Independent Authors): self-publishing advice blog
- The Creative Penn: a “writing and creative entrepreneurship” blog
- Molly Greene: Writer: Author, blogger, blogging specialist & coach
- The Book Designer: practical advice to help build better books
- Jane Friedman: Writing, reading, and publishing in the digital age
- Indies Unlimited: Celebrating independent authors
- JA Konrath: Newbies Guide to Publishing
- SelfPublishedAuthor by Bowker: Self-publishing made easy
- Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors: Advice on Writing, Publishing, and Book Promotion
- The World's Greatest Book: write, design, publish and promote the world's greatest book
Make sure to regularly check these blogs because most are updated frequently (at least once a week).