Promoting your book can be a daunting, intimidating task, but it doesn’t have to. Let’s review five unique and powerful ways to promote your book.
1) Online Advertising: AdWords can be effective in getting attention for your book, but if you’re not careful it can also cost you far too much money; it’s all about ROI. The best thing to do is come up with ten solid AdWords that relate to your book and which you want to have associated with your book. Then for a couple weeks you want to allocate roughly $5-$10 a day for your AdWords if you can afford it. (Having someone who really knows how to do this can make a significant difference.) Advertising via Facebook, Twitter and other social media can also be effective, but again, develop a plan that ensures that what you spend is in line with expected results, i.e. book sales. Be sure when you set up your accounts that they all have the same name. Continuity between platforms is sometimes overlooked and it can lose you sales.
2) Guest Blogging: You enjoy writing, so get out there and keep on writing. Guest blogging is a great way to put your name in front of new audiences and at the same time get your book out there. Don’t hesitate to have guest bloggers on your own site as well. Having a fresh voice and perspective on your site is a good way to entice readers to keep returning and to bring new readers as well. When you do have a blog published, be sure to link to it on every social media platform.
3) Optimize for Amazon: Amazon is the biggest online seller of books, so optimizing your author profile and book search-ability will dramatically help you. The key is making your book as “discoverable” as possible. Create in-depth descriptions about yourself and your book. Make sure you have the right tag words and keywords that people will search when looking for a book like yours. Every word of your profile and description should count! Link your book to others in your genre from well-known authors.
4) Book Tours: Get your name out there! Book signings and tours are a great way for you to meet readers and a good way to gain potential new readers. Readers enjoy being able to meet the author of a book in person. Interaction with your fan base is a good way to keep them loyal and get them talking about you. One of the best ways for getting news about you and your book out is through word of mouth.
5) Trade Shows: Trade shows are a good way for you to get your book out to potential publishers, book buyers, agents, distributors and all types of new audiences. It’s also a great time to network with other people in your field. Building connections within this field is a great way for you to keep up with new trends and changes that are occurring. You can also help each other by offering to promote each other’s books.
Hopefully these tips are useful to you and your future career of being an author. If you’re looking for additional help or information on book promotion in this field then check out book publicity services by Smith Publicity. The “Smith Publicity Way” has helped thousands of authors enjoy meaningful media coverage that sparks sales and creates opportunities.